Static Host Shootout
A-OS supports multiple hosts as of writing Cloudflare, Digital Ocean, Netlify, Amazon WebServices and Google Cloud are supported however every static host provider could be used to host A-OS repository builds to. No more vender lockin since migrating to a new host doesn't take longer than 10 minutes.
I enjoyed partaking in the cloudflare beta and found the UI most intuitive and the grab a repository and build to work flawless a small speed shootout also showed that Cloudflare's hosting is most reliable at serving pages at lightning speed.
The factors that make choosing the right static host:
- Price factoring number of Builds, Sites, Seats
- Page Load Speed
- Ease of Github Build integration
- Concurrent builds
- Number of sites
Cloudflare claims and these are verified:
- Fastest network: run your site on the Cloudflare edge, milliseconds from end users – up to 115% faster than competing platforms.
- Incredibly scalable: with one of the world’s largest networks, Cloudflare can absorb traffic from the most visited sites.
- Always secure: SSL works out of the box, so you never have to worry about provisioning certificates.
- Stay ahead of the curve: support for the latest web standards with HTTP/3, QUIC, image compression out of the box, and more.
With deep Git integration, Cloudflare Pages works the way developers work. Just tell us your build command (e.g. npm run build) and we’ll take care of the rest, logs included.